Sunday, July 15, 2007

Need Great Quality Pictures for Your Blog, Website, or Publication?

Pictures are an essential part of many blogs, providing color and visual stimulation to the reader in an otherwise all-text environment. Sure widgets provide some pizazz, but even through it's quite cliche, a picture really does speak a thousand words. While some bloggers provide their blog with pictures they have taken themselves, this isn't always a practical solution for every blog. I rarely use pictures as a descriptive aid on this blog, however, some blogs just scream out for something more visual than plain text.

For instance, I run two blogs in which nearly every post contains a photo. One of them, Blogging Mt Hood, the photos are almost all taken by me, or a family member. The other blog, Herbal Whirled, I download pictures from either Dreamstime or stock.xchng (or sxu) - a great source for the type of pictures needed for that blog. While there are many sources of pictures online, I have found that the pictures on sxu are of great quality, and there are so many different categories and types of photos, that I rarely find the need to go anywhere else. It sure saves a lot of time and money on pictures of things I do not have, or cannot get.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't learned how to put pictures on my blog yet. That is my next project. Thanks for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually quite a simple process, and I'm sure you're not the only one interested in learning. I will soon write a tutorial on how to use pictures in blogger!

    ReplyDelete