Most new bloggers are distracted by the idea of making money. They often get lost in the world of advertisements for affiliate programs, and lose sight of creating content for their blog. While making money can be a great aspect of blogging, without quality content - you may find that your pockets remain empty. Here are a few ideas to keep you on track:
- Make a list of daily activities that you wish to accomplish. Read over the list several times per day to make sure you are keeping your goals in mind.
- Start your day off by tackling a few of your major activities, the earlier the better. Once you have completed them, you will find that you have much more time during the day to dedicate to other projects.
- Save any projects that could distract you until other tasks have been completed. This way, if you do find yourself distracted, you will not be neglecting more important activities.
- Answer any emails you receive right away, which can prevent a major "responding" project later on.
- Set aside a certain amount of time each day towards monetizing your blog, and stick to it.
- Don't check your stats every day, which can be a major distraction for some bloggers. Concentrate on providing content for your blog, which will keep your blog up-to-date and fresh, bringing in more traffic.